Head of PMO
High successful and rapidly growing pharmaceutical company based in Waterford are looking for a Head of Project Management Office to join their Senior Leadership Team to lead and support a focused and experienced team of Project/Program Managers on a number exciting upcoming projects!
A little about the company…
This company is currently in expansion mode so it is a very exciting time to join with a lot of current and upcoming projects. They have invested millions into their Waterford facilities and they pride themselves in recruiting, developing, and retaining the best people as they continue to grow. This is a superb opportunity to work for an innovative and friendly pharmaceutical company that serve patients with life-improving treatments. Your work will truly make a difference to people's lives and you will work alongside cutting-edge technology and a supportive and friendly team. The atmosphere is friendly and all employees are supported by peers and managers. It is a fun and exciting place to work!
A little about the role..
You will lead and support a focused team of Project/Program Managers and facilitate the implementation of the effective PMO, setting and ensuring that PM standards and structures are maintained across the whole business.
The ideal candidate will have a Science Degree with 10+ years ''hands on'' experience in the Pharma/Biopharma Industry (R&D/MSAT/QC/Operations) together with strong project management experience and PM qualifications
- Manage a team of Programme Managers/Project Leads to devise and coordinate the planning and implementation of projects within the structure of PMO
- Foster a culture of Project Team ownership for delivery of projects from product selection through to Commercial product launch
- Provides mechanisms for
- determining business strategy around pipeline development
- project selection by /prioritisation,
- project/programme management, status tracking & review
- evaluating value delivery
- Audit & governance
- Support your team to plan, schedule and track project deliverables using appropriate tools, methods and techniques, ensuring all parties understand their own deliverables
- Ensure up to date monitoring, problem solving and reporting on project progress to all stakeholders
- Ensure effective approach to management of project resource allocation
- Minimum Level 8 Science Degree and Project Management certification
- 10+ years experience within the pharmaceutical industry, which includes significant Project Management experience and proven leadership skills.
- Knowledge and application of project management tools, methods and techniques
- Strong people management skills and proven track record of leading cross functional project teams
- Ability to manage change and transformation within the organisation to deliver projects according to the values of the PMO
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good relationship management and ability to engage with team members and stakeholders
- Good leadership skills, ability to manage conflict and crises, ability to identify suitable project team members to deliver projects on time and in budget
- Good negotiating, Time and Resource Management skills
Please click on the link to apply or a confidential discussion initially please contact me directly via email/phone