Head of Logistics- Galway
My Client, a leading manufacturer, retailer and distributor headquartered in Galway, is in need of a Head of Logistics to join and lead their national Logistics team
The Head of Logistics will manage and coordinate all distribution functions, including receiving goods in, inventory management, warehousing and transportation. They will utilise continuous improvement strategies and ensure transportation and distribution policies are aligned with the company's overall business plan.
- The Head of Logistics will perform various functions which primarily involves end to end Logistics. This will encompass Distribution Operations and Inbound/Outbound Planning and Management in support of the Operation of the company Logistics Division. This is made up of 3 large Nationwide Distribution Facilities and a fleet of HGV and LGV vehicles.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation conducting regular Health and Safety audits.
- Develop, implement and maintain the optimum organisational structure, with the most suitable arrangement of Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Operatives.
- Overseeing Logistical operations to analyse opportunities, identify and implement efficient changes to support and progress our Logistics division.
- Ensuring a training and development regime whereby management and supervisors maintain a safe, productive and disciplined working environment.
- Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain KPI's for each operational process, showing performance against budget or target, explaining variances and trending changes.
- Full responsibility of the costs, service levels and operational performance of all company warehousing and distribution depots.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Head of Logistics will collaborate with Directors and CEO to drive system and operational improvements that will improve Logistical efficiencies.
- Responsible for budget preparation and attainment of budgeted costs.
- Use and assist in the development of IT systems and accountable for logistical data integrity.
- Be responsible for workforce development providing training, coaching and developing the Logistics team in the execution of company Warehousing and Transportation strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The Head of Logistics will require extensive Logistics experience in the running of Distribution Centres, Fleet Management, Warehouse Management and Stock Control Systems.
- Applicants must have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics or Operations Management, Supply Chain or a related degree.
- Head of Logistics is a leadership position and requires the ability to collaborate, motivate, coach and supervise others.
- Have effective negotiating skills, ability to influence others, conflict resolution and facilitation skills to successfully carry out responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, the Head of Operations must be able to think critically and have the drive to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment