Head of Business Development
We deliver the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection JobPath scheme in the Southern counties of Ireland. JobPath is an employment activation scheme which caters mainly for people who are long-term unemployed (over 12 months) to assist them to secure and sustain full-time paid employment or self-employment.
We understand that finding and keeping the right people is vital to the success of any business. We aim to make a difference to society by offering tailored support, training and guidance to long-term unemployed
To help change lives and create better futures for communities and individuals, we are dedicated to understanding individuals' needs and engaging with them throughout their journey from social exclusion to social inclusion.
You will be responsible for the overall business development strategy for the organisation. You will lead on increasing revenue from existing sources of income while developing new streams of income for the business. Developing relationships with key stakeholders your role will involve the promotion of Turas Nua as a unique social enterprise and co-operative which delivers world class innovative solutions to government and enterprise.
- Market map funding to develop sales opportunities
- Develop tenders/bids to win new work
- Identify new streams of income locally and internationally
- Develop marketing/sales strategies to support winning new contracts
- Develop an account management process to ensure relationships with funders are actively managed.
- Investigate opportunities in allied sectors
- Work with other stakeholders to create innovative solutions to funder/client requirements
- 10 years experience of enterprise sales
- Knowledge of public sector / government bodies / training providers and large employers
- Understanding of outsourcing of government contracts.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence decision makers
- Natural leader with effective team management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate
- Proven record of growing revenue and profit for the business across multiple years
- Effective Team Player able to contribute to management of the overall business