Group Tax Accountant
On behalf of our client within the Construction sector, we are recruiting for a Group Tax Accountant.
**Hybrid, flexible working with an option to work in office either Dublin, Belfast, or Westmeath**
- You will hold a relevant qualification and demonstrable experience of Irish taxes.
- UK tax experience is highly desirable.
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, you will be the go-to for local Financial Controllers and
will enjoy providing opportunity for learning whilst empowering the wider finance team and
others to make well informed decisions.
Your key responsibilities:
- Supporting our businesses in all aspects of taxation.
- Assisting with year-end current and deferred tax provisioning and statutory disclosures.
- Collating detailed tax information to enable external advisors to prepare corporation tax computations and returns.
- Review and submission of VAT and RCT returns.
- Calculation of payments on account.
- Reviewing and documenting existing tax processes and controls, and assisting with the identification and implementation of improvements.
- Providing regular ad hoc advice to the business, including around BIK taxes, CIS, landfill tax, cross-border working, implementation of Northern Ireland Protocol etc.
- Supporting R&D tax credit claim process.
- Analysing the impact of and implementing change arising from new tax legislation.
- Helping integrate acquired businesses into the Group's tax processes.
- Preparing and presenting tax training to the business as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- You will hold a relevant qualification and demonstrable experience of Irish taxes, with confidence and ability to learn more about specific taxes yet to be managed.
- UK tax experience is highly desirable but in lieu of direct experience, an open willingness to get into the intrinsic of same.
- You do not have to be based either at, or close to, any of our businesses' but you would be working closely with our people at these sites regularly with occasional travel to UK Headquarters.
- You will enjoy working with others across the organisation, occasionally at pace, and forming strong relationships based on mutual trust.
- You will be able to manage the competing deadlines and expectations of the teams you are working with.
- You will be proactive and have a genuine desire to improve process and delivery, with a readiness to work with the business to achieve this.