Graduate Software Developer
Junior /Graduate Software Developer- Kerry
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our client's Software team. As a member of the Software Development Team, you will be joining a team that develops and maintains a suite of applications running on various platforms, utilizing different technology stacks. You will be involved in development and testing of a robust and scalable solution, ideally using a test-driven approach. You will conduct code reviews - both as a code author and code reviewer.
We will consider degree graduates or candidates at a junior level for these roles. Full training will be provided. An understand of the below would be great but extensive industry experience is not essential.
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (minimum expected 2.1)
- Familiarity with Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Understanding of basic SQL commands.
- Basic knowledge of Unix and Windows operating environments.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and principles.
- Appreciation of the concept of Test-Driven Development.
- Basic knowledge of source control and an understanding of continuous integration tools.
- Familiarity with front-end/modern web frameworks.
- Familiarity with deployment tools and approaches.
We look for:
- Smart and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive. Identify (and solve) issues before they arise.
- Logical and methodical approach to solving complex problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to take the initiative and provide suggestions/ideas for future improvements.
- Passionate about technology.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times.
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other co-op experience etc. We will also consider experienced candidates for these roles, however a long term link to Kerry is essential.
Graduate Software Developer, Software Engineer, Agile, TDD, Object Oriented programming, JAVA, Web, SQL, Source control