Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Are you a "hands-on" recently graduated engineer from a relevant mechatronics or mechanical engineering degree keen to continue learning looking to kickstart your career in manufacturing in the North West?
Are you a hard worker who likes to take ownership of your role, works well to deadlines with good communication skills
If so, this is the career advancing graduate manufacturing engineer job that you have been looking for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client is a long-established Sligo based manufacturing company in operation for over 40 years and a market leader in their field servicing clients in the healthcare, aviation, heavy industrial, & retail sectors across the globe.
Currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer they are a multi-national organisation with over 40 sites across Europe, S America, Asia. Their Irish site in the Northwest is a medium sized operation employing about 100 people in total.
You will be working in a real cutting-edge environment using lots of new technology and state of the art tools and equipment in a department that is expanding and currently receiving heavy investment. In terms of company culture my client offers a very friendly, informal and open minded work environment where people work hard and are encouraged to express and run with their ideas.
So, a role here offers the best of both worlds where you get to work for a large multi-national but in a medium sized site where you'll won't be pigeon holed and where you will get the opportunity to work across different areas/functions which often is not the case in larger plants/operations.
YOUR NEW JOB:
Reporting to the Production Manager as Graduate Manufacturing Engineer you will spend significant time in the injection moulding area and be heavily involved in the introduction of new products and projects and new tooling procurement and validation.
- You will be strong advocate/proponent of Continuous Improvement / Lean and as Manufacturing Engineer some of your key duties will include
- Provide quality engineering support to all products produced in the value streams manufacturing processes, from incoming materials, material pre and post processing, moulding, assembly, final audit and shipping
- Support the day-to-day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets
- TPS/LEAN main point of contact for the implementation execution. Facilitator if required for Continuous Improvement / Lean/TPS/Production management system
- Responsible for process improvement, such as cycle time improvement, usage of utilities, cost reduction, increase in yield & minimizing waste
- Work with Production Manager on introduction projects for new products introduction, new tools
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will be a recent mechatronics or mechanical graduate looking to begin your career in the manufacturing sector and keen to be trained and mentored in your new Manufacturing Engineer job.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
There is a competitive salary of €30k + doe along with a comprehensive suite of benefits including 26 days AL, Christmas Bonus, VHI & Pension
You'll also be getting the opportunity to work in a beautiful part of Ireland with access to great beaches, great surf spots and a more relaxed pace of life than in Dublin, Cork & Galway.
Sound like your cup of tea, then don't delay and apply today!