Graduate Food Production Technician
My client, a long established food production organisation, is in need of a Food Production Technician to join their busy Production/Quality team based in Cork.
This role would be suitable for a graduate with a background in the Food sciences/Chemistry fields looking to gain experience in the industry.
The candidate will be working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that all raw product is processed to finished product in a safe and efficient manner. Ensuring that all health and safety regulations are being adhered to while achieving production targets.
The duties for the role:
- Unload all raw materials and supplies in accordance with the formulations
- Inspect, fill and seal tankers
- Cook raw product in cookers in accordance with specifications. Watch the temperature and pressure of cookers. Vent and cool when necessary in accordance with requirements
- Take samples from cookers and maintain a log of cooking operation
- Laboratory work including but not limited to: product testing, equipment calibration and product release to customers.
- Filter finished product into designated storage tanks, complete associated paperwork and make appropriate adjustments as required
- CIP cookers, filters, and any other equipment in accordance with G.M.P. (good manufacturing practises)
- Advise Plant Manager of any leaks in product lines of hose connectors
- Advise Plant Manager of any dangerous equipment or occurrence
- Obey the rules and regulations of the company
- Perform duties such as clean up and general housekeeping tasks, maintaining all work areas in a neat and tidy condition. Ensure all equipment hoses, tools etc. are returned to their proper storage areas after use and carry out such other duties as assigned by the Plant/Production Manager from time to time. These duties to be carried out whilst maintaining normal cooking. This will include recording and signing daily cleaning log as necessary
- Assist in carrying out routine maintenance when necessary
- Ensure on-hold material is logged, segregated and reworked as appropriate
- Participate in data collection and environmental monitoring as required
- Participate in Risk Assessments of relevant work areas/operations
- Adhere to Plant safety practices and procedures at all times, including the wearing of required Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) supplied by the company or as required when in the process of doing specific tasks, which designate special safety equipment.
- Ensure that premises and equipment are secure during operation and at end of workday
The skills required for the role are as follows:
- High flexibility to deal with multiple tasks and/or changing tasks
- Qualified to at least level 7 degree in quality, operations or relevant discipline
- Able to operate ERP systems (such as SAP, Oracle, etc)
- Familiar on use of Excel spreadsheets
- Become familiar with any new technology introduced and assist with training others
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Food Production/Quality Technician with a growing organisation. If you feel that you fit these skills please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Taylor of the Limerick office of FRS Recruitment.