Graduate / Entry Level SQL IT Role | Hybrid, Co. Kerry
Graduate / Entry Level SQL DBA
We're fortunate to provide our specialist services to a long-standing financial IT services firm in Tralee, Co. Kerry in the recruitment for an eager, driven and collaborative SQL DBA. If you are a recent graduate, new to the professional world, or have early experience as a SQL DBA, this role could be your opportunity to work with a company that will provide you with continuous professional development, unparalleled training support and the unique position to live and work in one Ireland's most beautiful areas, Tralee. You will be bringing to the role a strong drive to learn and perform, a work ethic that strives for collaboration, and the ability to proactively respond to problems. This role offers a hybrid work model for the successful candidate. Apply today!
What will you be responsible for?
- Day-to-day SQL Server database administration responsibilities;
- Following up on missing database backups, maintaining database reports, documentation and management of database configuration.
- Installation and administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2017/2019 databases
- Proactive database performance monitoring and tuning
- Continuous review of existing and creation of new database processes and procedures
- Development and implementation of database automation solutions and performing quality assurance responsibilities for various database projects.
- Developing new and supporting existing SQL code
- Understanding SQL Server 2014/2017/2019 concepts, theories, principles, and best administration practices
- Maintaining working knowledge of the IT industry and vendor market to effectively address the development of database software systems and the ongoing demands for enhancements to existing systems to provide efficient services to business department and other database/application users
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending database educational material to peers and management
- Performing other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills, and degree of responsibility equivalent to the assigned level
What will you bring?
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Knowledge of SQL Server technology.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Availability for occasional work on NA business hours and on the weekends
This position is based in Tralee, Co.Kerry and will require regular visits to the work site. Eligibility to reside and work in Ireland full-time without restriction is essential for consideration. Our client are very active please apply today!