My client, a well known manufacturing company in Shannon, Co. Clare, would like to recruit for the position of Graduate Engineer reporting to the Production Manager. The position will focus on all aspects of process improvement including process capability, yield, lead-time and productivity to deliver sustainable innovative engineering solutions. The role will require the candidate to work closely with other process engineers and members of the team.
- Work with and support other team members on the entire process to improve yield, productivity and ensure production targets are met
- Problem solving through data analysis using scientific methods focusing on process capability.
- Work on step change 'deep dive' projects as well as practical problem solving and continuous improvement projects. Focus on metrics, live dashboards and final product yield in doing so.
- Ensure safety is number one priority in all work conducted.
- Partake in process improvement projects and follow through on project milestones and presentations.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis when issues arise.
- Material, Quality and Process parameter monitoring and control.
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting of product and process metrics.
- Work with management systems, process change management, ISO, FMEA, and risk assessment
- A Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Material Engineering - NFQ Level 8 or higher.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and lean systems is an advantage
- Experience in Processes desirable.
- Capable of examining data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- IT literacy including Excel, SQL databases, Minitab.
- Excellent communication, people and team working skills
- A team player with a can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for improvement
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889