General Operative - Portlaoise Co.Laois
*** In partnership with the HSE ***
I'm currently recruiting for a General Operative to join a busy team in Portlaoise, Co. Laois
This is a Temporary full time role, with immediate start.
- Reasonable working knowledge of all building trade, including carpentry, block laying, painting, plastering and basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing and heating trades.
- Ability to carry out emergency repairs and report all breakdowns to line manager.
- Ability to use power tools to complete works such as replacement of tiles, wall units and shelving.
- Carrying out minor plumbing repairs, sewer lines and blockages in sewer systems
- Up-keeping of all the grounds and building of all HSE property.
- Attend to minor electrical repairs like bulb replacements.
- Carryout regular fire alarms and fire extinguishers checks and keep record of all.
- Keep records of electric and water meters.
- Provide emergency cover when necessary, outside normal working hours.
- Ability to use Tractor and Teleporter
- General concrete work
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar role (preferred)
- Clean/Valid Driving Licence Category B
- Hold Valid Safe Pass and Manual Handling
- Good team working skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Capable of working in a busy environment
- Highly motivated and confident
- Immediately available
- Valid Teleporter ticket an advantage
- Must be available to work weekends