General Manager (Agri/Hardware)
We are recruiting a General Manager for an established Mid Kerry based Agri / Hardware store. Due to a recent retirement, we are seeking a General Manager with the vision to lead the business in the next stage of its growth. The role offers lots of autonomy and control and will suit someone who is highly energetic, enthusiastic and with the drive to succeed.
The business, part of a national buying group, provide supplies in agriculture, steel, building, hardware DIY and home improvements.
An attractive competitive remuneration package with benefits will be offer to the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the following in a brief outline of the role:
- Responsible for the day to day running of the store / yard including providing high standards of customer service and delivering on KPIs of the business.
- Facilitate and drive sales within the business whilst trying to maximise margins.
- Strive to have the business as cost efficient as possible.
- Identify customer needs and requirements to maximise sales.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- In store marketing and merchandising.
- Manage and motivate a team of up to 17 staff, while introducing changes to the business operations.
- Identify where improvements can be made
- Adherence to and implementation of Health & Safety rules and procedures.
- Previous supervisory / management experience in a similar industry.
- Experience dealing with the farming industry / farm stores.
- Proven track record in sales and achieving targets in the hardware/Agri industry experience in fertiliser, fuel and steel purchasing and sales.
- Experience in stock / warehouse management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach to work
- Experience in conducting external sales calls and collecting debtors
If you are seeking a new challenge, have the drive and dynamism to make a difference.
Please apply through the link provided or call Donal at 066-7143995 for a confidential discussion.
A more detailed job spec can be provided