General Manager ( Agriculture )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a General Manager on behalf of a leading provider of farm technology solutions for dairy farming in Ireland.This is a full-time permanent role.
With a strong global presence my client has a strong focus on milking and cooling technology for both robotic and conventional systems. They also provide herd management expertise through the latest software developments, udder care and cleaning products to maintain cow and facility hygiene.
This is hands on management role and we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a proven management background in the agricultural sector. Experience of working in the dairy farm sector is a distinct advantage but not essential
Duties to include
- Responsible for the development of the farm technology business in Ireland including new market entries and identify opportunities for growth.
- Responsible for drawing up an annual plan of the division within R&C, prepare budget proposals, discusses them with Country MD and Division Board and adjusts them if necessary.
- Initiates and defines projects, manages multidisciplinary (improvement) projects (10-25 people)
- Directly or indirectly develops the expertise of and coaches the employees within the entity and ensures optimal staffing in terms of quality and quantity
- Develops contacts with internal and external customers, relations and suppliers, maintains them and manages expectations
- Identify, recruit, and manage dealers which are responsible for Sales & Service in Ireland
- Understands the full potential of the value chain of the product & service offerings and know how to tap into these
- Drives sales management and account management
- Responsible for developing and implementing the Sales & Service strategies in Ireland in close alignment with the division, allocate resources, prioritise initiatives to increase the profitability for the business.
- Achieve sales growth and expand market reach and coverage in close cooperation with dealers.
- Understands the commercial and technical needs of customers and skillfully relay these back to the division, as well as know how to translate these into business.
- Define pricing and discount policies and specific project related conditions with responsibility on project profitability.
- Ensures dealer deals are profitable, sustainable and well manage risk and cash.
- Determine and implement the go-to-market, define sales channels according to country requirements and resource availability.
- Manages the development and implementation of the Sales & Service plans for FT in Ireland.
- Secures profitability of the legal entity in Ireland
- Monthly reporting and proper administration of the business to Country MD
- Implement innovations and understand what needs to be done to make innovations, driven by the divisions, locally successful.
- Manages growth, adapt and change existing processes, challenges the status quo.
- General Management professional including P&L responsibility.
- Significant experience in steering sales and service organisations
- Significant experience in managing private owned dealerships
- Experience in growth and change processes and performance transformations in traditional sales organisations to best in class sales management.
- Advanced understanding in business development & customer relationship management.
- Familiar working in a manufacturing company
- Familiar with (dairy) agricultural business
- Bachelor degree in (agricultural) business and/or Business Administration
Attractive basic salary & bonus , company car & other benefits.
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John in confidence on 087 9955439
FRS Recruitment offer 100 % confidentiality at all times
FRS Recruitment will never disclose your CV details to a 3rd party without your prior consent.