Fund Accounting -Team Lead
Our client based in Galway is currently recruiting for a Fund Accounting Team Lead to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
In this role, you will be Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the TL will be responsible for the oversight of a team's production of hedge fund Net Asset Valuations, ensuring full compliance with all accounting regulations to which they are subject.
- Review of daily, weekly, and monthly Hedge Fund NAVs, ensuring that they are signed off in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Assign work to subordinates and continually monitor their performance. Prepare and conduct periodical performance reviews with the Assistant Manager.
- Investigating client issues or resolving valuation related inquiries. Assisting the team members in resolving differences or investigating unusual entries / fund movements.
- Ensure all work and tasks done within the team comply with approved policies, procedures and control routines applicable to all employees and those specific to the department. Provide monthly and quarterly statistics in relation to the funds within the team for internal MIS and for external Board meetings. Ensure that these are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- To manage the daily workflow of a number of clients within the team, meeting agreed deadlines and to maintain positive client relations.
- Conduct quarterly process analysis on all funds within the team to ensure appropriate controls are in place.
- Ensure good communication with the Assistant Manager to ensure awareness of all issues within the team
- To supervise staff (6-8) and to provide a detailed review of their work in conjunction with the Assistant Manager in accordance with established procedures
- Implement development planning of team members; recognise training needs of staff and to suggest courses that would be suitable for each individual.
- Ensure all agreed reporting is delivered to the client and the Auditors within the agreed timeframe.
- Understanding of fund operating documents, prospectus, pricing policy, agreements.
- Manage the take-on of new business into team and the implementation of appropriate procedures as required.
- Assist with the further development of the fund accounting process and systems to meet future market and client developments.
Thorough knowledge of performance fee methodologies (Equalisation, Series, etc),
Thorough knowledge of data vendors such as Bloomberg, IDC, etc.
Thorough knowledge of Hedge Fund accounting, including interaction with Prime Brokers and Middle Office.
Thorough knowledge of complex hedge fund investment types, eg. OTC.Knowledge of accounting systems such as Multifonds, Geneva or SunGard,
Management of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.A minimum of 4 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities, with 2 years at a Senior Fund Accountant level.
Team leadership skills, including mentoring, assessment, training and development planning.
Knowledge of various domiciliation legislation and regulatory requirements.
Limited Partnership, Multi-manager, Multi-currency, Pooling, FOHF and Structured product experience desirable.
Tax knowledge, including K1 / PFIC.
If you match the required skills and are interested in the above position, please apply with your most recent CV to Bernadette Sisson for immediate consideration.