Front Office Manager
Front Office Manager for a 4 star hotel in County Galway.
Are you looking for a change of scenery and want to relocate to a remote part of the west of Ireland?
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will have a genuine passion for the industry and possess the desire to work well within a close team. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and a highly motivated individual who is business minded, has a proactive approach to revenue generation and achieving targets - all while focusing on delighting each and every guest with exceptional customer service standards.
You will enthusiastically lead and motivate your team to deliver those personal customer-focused standards, whilst ensuring rate adherence, cross-selling and up-selling targets are attained in conjunction with the Reservations, Revenue & Guest Relations Manager.
Reporting to the Reservations, Revenue & Guest Relations Manager, the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Front Office operations, including managing the shift and assisting in leading the team. The nature of the role requires flexibility incorporating morning, evening and weekend shifts.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Manage the Front Office operation, ensuring delivery of excellent customer service standards
- Maximise sales through up-selling, using incentives and promotions which will be coordinated with the sales team
- Provide coaching, training and development of the front office and reservations team
- Ensure all customers' enquiries and requests for bookings are dealt with promptly, courteously and efficiently.
- Lead the team to ensure confidence, knowledge and expertise required to maximise sales and achieve set targets.
- To work within budgeted targets - room revenues, occupancies and rate achievement
- To oversee daily cash lodgements and revenue figures
- Ensure adequate resource planning and effective recruitment, compiling rosters for front office and reservations team members
- To implement systems, policies and training procedures and to continue to develop the Front Office operation
- To take reservations enquires, whilst being aware of all promotions , therefore maximising occupancy and revenue
- Identify, communicate and action all sales leads including spa and activity enquiries
- The ability to drive standards and ensure they are maintained across the department
Skills & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory or senior capacity in a busy hotel with a strong background in Front Office systems.
- Excellent written and spoken levels of English.
- A strong working knowledge of HotSoft or relevant PMS systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High standard of personal presentation.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
If you think that this role would suit a friend or colleague, please feel free to pass on my details.
Front Office Manager, Duty Manager, Manager, Hotel Manager, Assistant Manager, Front Office Supervisor, Receptionist, Galway