Front Office Manager - Enfield, Co. Meath - 38k - 42k
My client, a 4 star luxury hotel, based in Enfield Co. Meath is seeking an experienced Front Office Manager to join their team. This is a full time, permanent position which will require weekend work.
As the Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth, prompt and effective service to all guests. You will direct and control the activities of the Front Desk and act as the manager on duty in the hotel when senior managers are not available.
Tasks & Duties
- The Front Office Manager will ensure that they conduct themselves in line with the hotel vision that through our people we will be the Hotel of Choice by providing passionate hospitality and innovative service where we consistently anticipate and exceed the needs of our most discerning guests.
- Establish a loyal and well-maintained regular guest base that is well looked after and treated towards their individual needs.
- Use innovative approaches to services and amenities based on guest profiling to exceed expectations and maintain a competitive edge in the market.
- Monitor the latest trends in the industry and implement new ideas that support the culture and goals of the hotel.
- Ensure that all the facilities as well as operational equipment are well maintained and regularly inspected.
- Develop the strategic goals and revenue targets for the department and create the yearly budget and plan to deliver on these.
- Support all programmes that increase revenue and sales opportunities ensuring that all employees are trained and committed to the same goal.
- Handle any guest comments and ensure appropriate follow up takes place and is communicated to the relevant departments.
- Plan, take corrective action and follow up on guest feedback received both through internal and external sources.
- Ensure that, in particular all first-time, guests receive a personalised, hassle free check-in and check-out experience and memorable stay including farewell at the hotel.
- Coordinate with all relevant departments that guest requests are acted upon promptly.
- Inspect guest rooms on a rotating basis.
- Will be responsible for all financial duties of the front office team, including shift balancing, cash variances, float checks and open folios
- Brief Rooms Operational Manager/General Manager on all arriving/departing VIP guests.
- Give the employees and managers the flexibility and empower them to flex their approach to procedural policies to better serve the guest, as long as those policies are not based on legal, compliance or financial commitments.
- Supervise, guide, train and manage the performance of all departmental heads within Front Office, and ensure they always meet standards required.
- Select, lead and develop a successful and inspiring team of high potential employees and manage their performance and progress, including progressive discipline and conducting annual reviews.
- Follows up with constructive feedback and coaching where applicable.
- Responsible for the overnight team in relation to enforcing standards, ensuring continuous training specifically with regards to Health & Safety and cover any shifts necessary
- Ensure that a clear communication structure is set within the Front office and conduct regular on and off the job training sessions as well as team meetings to maintain good communication within and across other departments.
- Conduct personnel related functions such as interviewing, appraising and counselling and succession planning to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Develop the personnel structure for the department in conjunction with the HR department including salary guidance
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years in a Front Office Supervisory/Management position
- Ability to focus and multitask, to use time efficiently; prioritise and organise work.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to input and access data in software applications
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and other team members.
- Ability to convey a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills.
- Ability to interact and engage with all guests in a pleasant manner.
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately to guest enquiries and needs while remaining calm and courteous and provide accurate and correct responses.
- Ability to provide clear and pleasant telephone communication in English with proper grammar.