Fresh Food Manager
Fresh Food Manager - Dublin West
Great position for a Fresh Food Manager for a busy service station in Dublin
Reporting to the General Manager, a Fresh Food Manager must have previous experience working within the food industry/retail environment and have operated in accordance with HACCP.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include the following:
- To assist and advise on all categories within the fresh food department focusing on driving overall group performance within their region, while training and developing our employees to deliver a best-in-class fresh food experience.
- To ensure that location appropriate menus are developed and to ensure that fresh food offerings constantly evolve with changing consumer requirements.
- To ensure standards across the entire Deli Department are at the highest level at all times.
- The fresh food manager will build strong relationships with store managers and their teams and work to achieve a successful retailing environment that exceeds expectations.
- To assist stores by providing profitability and stocktaking procedures and address non-performing areas effectively, ensuring that issues are resolved in accordance with company guidelines.
- To advise on the role of management and the tools required on achieving strong food safety standards, and committing to implementing HACCP within the store through supervision and verification of the systems.
- To organise training in respect of the certified food safety management system for stores and their staff.
- To inform the management of any concerns raised by Environmental Health Officers, and work collaboratively to resolve and rectify same in a timely manner.
- To work in conjunction with the Wholesaler, Area Manager and Retail Accountant as directed.
- * To advise stores and staff on improvements that can be made to achieve the food safety audits specific to the store brand.
- To identify areas of stock leakage and ensure effective systems are in place to minimise stock loss through inadequate portion control, wastage, damages, out of date stock etc.
- To utilise stock effectively and efficiently to minimise and control fresh food waste, where waste occurs stock to be accurately recorded and discarded appropriately
- Any other duties designated by your manager.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Previous retail experience.
- Excellent knowledge of food safety at the retail level is essential.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to both motivate and influence.
- The ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Good organisational abilities.
- Be proactive and flexible, with a hands-on approach.
- Full drivers' licence.
Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training & promotion within the Retail Group
This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in an exciting company.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Fresh Food Manager, Assistant Fresh Food Manager, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Department Manager, Grocery Manager, Cork