Freight Operations Specialist
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Freight Operations Specialist - (Air Department) to join a company that has rapidly grown into a global brand, recognized for its customized services and innovative products. This company has successfully introduced market leading express delivery and logistics services to the Middle East and other emerging economies. This company is a leading global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Export Duties will include:
- Receive booking, check rates/costs at time of booking receipt to ensure accuracy and correct handling
- Monitor the booking, at all times through airline tracking systems
- Place booking with relevant airline as required
- Organising Transport on shipments as required
- Send booking confirmation to customer to confirm all details on the booking.
- Issue Customs documentation - export SAD and Maintain files and adhere to quality systems as set out
- Issue airwaybills and confirm shipment on board and arrange to scan documents or post as required to destination agent/customer.
Import Duties will include:
- Verify rates/costs at time of booking to ensure accuracy and correct handling
- Monitor the booking at all times through airline tracking systems
- Place booking with relevant airline/agent as required
- Send Booking confirmation to customer confirming schedule details in a timely manner.
- Preparation of documents and liaising with overseas agents to cut final documents .
- Customs Clearance setting up entries in a timely manner and ensuring accuracy prior to physical arrival
- Process the clearance of goods/collection of any fees Vat/Duties in advance and arrange transport for the shipments as required
- Invoicing of files and full accruals update.
- Scan POD to file as required.
Please contact Richard on 086-185 23 27 or
Email me on [email protected]
Logistics, document controller, Air freight, transportation