Freight Forwarding Branch Manager
Our Client, One of the worlds leading freight Forwarding providers with offices in over a 100 countries is currently seeking to recruit a Branch Manager with a background in freight forwarding for its Cork office
The Branch Manager role is to provide consistent, high quality customer service for Solution Customers, who value long term relationships and buy customized processes and solutions. The Branch Manager engages directly with the Key Account Sales, Regional / Global Account Directors and Program Managers for large accounts & ensures a seamless customer service delivery to their customers.
This position also:
* Holds the primary responsibility for first class service delivery and subsequent customer retention on that basis
* Is responsible for the delivery and optimisation of CM1 as negotiated by the commercial teams
* Assists with the identification of cross sell/up sells opportunities to the customers.
* In conjunction with the Head of Solution Customer Service and the CSO Continuous Improvement function innovates to optimise team service delivery
The customer facing teams:
* Act as the prime point of contact for their customers
* Manage shipments
* Resolve queries and manage escalation
* Coordinate with Sales and Operations teams
* Provide performance visibility e.g. customer KPIs
* Lead and Manage the Solution CS team/s to focus on the key Customer Service Drivers:
o Ensure we are easy to do business with;
o Timely delivery of all customer service commitments;
o Pro-Active notification and effective exception management
* Drive understanding of contracts, terms and conditions and charge structures to ensure Damco a) delivers on its promises and b) takes every opportunity to upsell & receive value for all services provided
* Participate with and drive an Operational Process Excellence (OPEX) mindset across the relevant team where process optimization, continual improvement and productivity improvements are of critical importance.
* Assist with ensuring that all Quality standards are met and that processes are adequately documented/adhered to ensuring compliance with the local Quality Management Systems (ISO/AEO)
* In conjunction with the Head of Solution Customer Service and the Business Control team ensure that there is sufficient performance visibility and measurements to help support OPEX and team improvement utilizing tools such as Visual Management Systems (VMS)
* On a regular basis (at least weekly) utilise tools such as VMS to ensure that the team are aware of performance and to devise tactical opportunities to improve service delivery
* To assist with the production of accurate management reporting measuring team and customer performance. This is of particular importance when assisting with the monthly CM1 job costing and forecasting.
* In conjunction with the Head of Solution Customer Service and Commercial Management, ensure that CM1 is delivered in line with customer agreements and contracts as defined by the commercial teams
* In conjunction with the relevant Commercial team and the Implementation team, responsible for the implementation of new customers into the relevant Solution Team and for ensuring that proper SOPs/IOPs are established and managed through any related hyper-care in conjunction with the CSO Implementation Manager
* Ensure the Customer service teams adhere to service standards for (but not limited to):
o Confirming and sending bookings
o Providing shipment visibility
o Arranging Transport
o Resolving issues/queries
o Responding to customer enquiries.
* To become actively involved in other business projects as requested by direct manager
* Ensure & monitor that shipments are executed on time and assist with planning and coordination as required
* Work with the relevant Commercial teams to establish and strengthen customer relationships
* Monitor, record and report the performance of Solutions Customer Service
To apply for this position here are your three options:
1. "This sounds like me" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Andrew Fanning (Supply Chain Recruitment Consultant) on 086 464 8426 between 9am - 5pm.
2. "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough experience" - Click "apply now" so I can read your profile and let you know.
3. "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and we'll set up a call to talk.