Food Safety/H & S Specialist
Are you an energetic, self-motivated individual with a flexible approach who would enjoy working in a varied Food Safety/H & S Specialist role across a number of production & hospitality sites in the Sligo area?
Do you have a background in food safety and/or Health & Safety?
Are you looking for a job where you be trained & developed on an on-going basis?
If so this may be the job for you!
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client a Sligo based company who employ over 300 staff across the organisation including a bakery, a hotel & a ready meal production site in Sligo along with a number of cafes in the West and Midlands are currently looking for a Quality & H & S Co-ordinator for an initial 12 month contract.
The job is a 12 month maternity leave contract and there will be a number of months of a hand over period you will have ample time to get up to speed before the current Food Safety & H &S specialist begins their leave.
You will have a technical assistant supporting you in the role and this is a days Mon-Fri job with a need to work one Saturday per month (which you get back as a day in lieu)
YOUR NEW ROLE:
Day to day some of the key elements of this fast paced and varied Food Safety/H&S Co-Ordinator job will include:
* Manage the Food Safety system & Health & Safety System across the company which includes 2 small to medium sized production sites, a hotel and a number of coffee shop outlets
* Conduct Food Safety & Health & Safety training of employees;
* Perform Internal Audits across the different sites to verify compliance to Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements.
*Report on any non-compliance, verify corrective action, manage and review complaints and non-conformances effectively;
* Manage the Cleaning Team and communicate Food Safety and Health & Safety matters to management and employees;
* Liaise with external regulatory inspectors, maintain & implement HACCP requirements and the safety statement.
* Manage and review traceability and labels and organise microbiology testing and review results;
* Update documents and maintain document control system;
* Management of the Covid-19 Response Plan and verify compliance. Conduct Covid-19 training.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
To hit the ground running in the Food Safety/H & S Co-Ordinator job you should have at least 2 years' applicable experience and hold a relevant science qualification. As there will be some travel primarily within Sligo you will need a full clean driving licence and car.
You will need a knowledge of legislation and standards relating to Food Safety and Health & Safety for this job
Some HACCP & Internal Auditing qualifications would also be highly advantageous for the role
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
The Food Safety & H&S role represents a great opportunity for someone looking to build their career and with the variety of sites including production outlets, cafes and a hotel no two days will be the same. While they may well be opportunities within the company after the initial 12 months at a minimum you will have gained some fantastic experience that will open up jobs in both the food production and hospitality sectors. There is a competitive salary of up to €40k doe available in a supportive environment where you wont be micro-managed but with help available if you need it.
Sound like your cup of tea, then apply today and suitable applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.