Food & Beverage Manager
Food & Beverage Manager - Co. Offaly
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of the restaurant/bar and for weddings/events. This includes staff development and training, and the maintenance of all policies and procedures in the bar/restaurant as and when required. High levels of Customer Service are always to be maintained.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Maintain a high level of service for all guests.
- Execute all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure that they are adhered to by all members of staff within your department.
- Attendance and contribution at management meetings.
- Ensure that all duties and assignments are performed and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all deliveries are recorded: checking wines are received and cross-checked with original purchase orders.
- Overseeing monthly stock inventory so all stock is accounted for. All reports must be presented to the General Manager.
- Carry out all relevant weekly/monthly ordering for Food and Beverage department
- Ensure that an end-of-night report is completed to ensure the correct recording of all transactions. All shortages or problems are to be passed on to the G.M.
- Keep a close eye on staffing for the day's business, managing the rotas efficiently & effectively in line with labour budget.
- Take regular lifts from the tills so there is never a large amount of cash in the tills
- Ensure there is sufficient change for the staff in the tills
- Ensure that all petty cash items are signed and accounted for on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all food being served is to the expected standards.
- Ensure all cash payments are received, and recorded and a receipt is provided to the customer. Any customer charges are to be written up in the relevant charge book and an invoice is to be sent out that night.
- Ensure the restaurant and dispensing bar are always kept to a high level of cleanliness.
- Ensure the dispensing bar is stocked and that drinks are only dispensed when a docket is received.
- Ensure that all waste, transfers to other departments, promotional stock, breakages, and spillages are documented.
- Always ensure good health and safety
- Assist staff when required during busy periods. Lead by example with a hands-on approach to Food and Beverage service.
- Ensuring the restaurant staffing budget is adhered to when compiling the weekly Rota.
- Ensuring that all staff attend work punctually and arrive in the correct uniform.
- Record any accidents that occur, no matter how minor, by using the correct accident reporting procedures.
- Work closely and communicate with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to always ensure a smooth operation.
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Knowledge of license laws and apply correctly and consistently
- Ensure customers appropriately dress, not barred, anyone persons likely to cause disturbances, always apply discretion, no underage etc.
- Ensure tokens are not provided to underage people
- Co-operate with Gardaí in any investigations that are dealt with in a compassionate and professional manner.
- Dealing with complaints from customers in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Completing a customer complaint form and providing recommendations for the future.
- Dealing with enquiries from potential customers, whether in person or over the telephone.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the General Manager.
- Full awareness of all HR policies and procedures.
- Informing Senior Management if any staff issue occurs
- Always Leading by example in behaviour.
- Adhering to S.O. P's, H&S regulations & HR policies.
- Always Adhering to HACCP policies
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a similar role with a thorough knowledge of food & beverage operations including food, beverage, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Visual ability to observe employees in the workplace, analyse operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry and for providing exceptional service standards.
- Have an interest in PR and marketing
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon at 086 7773856
If you know anyone that may be interested in this position, please pass the details on.
Food & Beverage Manager, Manager, Beverage Manager, Restaurant Manager, Duty Manager, Hotel Manager, Offaly