FRS are delighted to be assisting our lovely client in locating a Fitter for a PERM DAYS role based in west Limerick, with the occasional on call function at weekend which is rare.
I am delighted again to be assisting this state-owned Company in Limerick find Staff. My client is the estuarial port authority with responsibility for the entire Shannon Estuary. Building on significant growth in all areas of their business and as part of their ambitious plans for increased volume and capacity into the future, they now have an opportunity for a dynamic individual with fitter experience to join there highly motivated maintenance team.
Positions in this company do not come up often at all because they are a state-owned company and have very low turnover of staff. Over the years I have placed a number of candidates in this company and they have all been incredibly happy.
This role is for you if:
- You are sick of shift work.
- Want a PERMANENT Job.
- You want a good work life balance.
- React to breakdowns as a matter of priority with a view to minimising equipment downtime. Continuous liaison with members of the Port Services team and associated stakeholders is critical to this position.
- Be a leader in the maintenance function to improve work methods and performance with respect to reliability, costs, energy and quality and in conjunction with the Engineering & Port Services office
- develop and implement progressive planned and predictive LEAN maintenance systems.
- Contribute and participate in the assignment of equipment priorities, planning and scheduling, maintenance plans, reviews and failure investigations.
- Engage directly with manufacturers and suppliers of parts and services to ensure timely and efficient availability of port equipment as required, including identifying, organising, and supervising the attendance of 3rd party technicians.
- Completion of records and reports in strictly in accordance with policy and procedures
- Be a qualified fitter/engineer/maintenance practitioner with at least three years' experience, preferably in a facilities / heavy plant maintenance environment.
- Have a strong background in trouble-shooting heavy plant and machinery and in particular hydraulic systems o heavy plant / facilities involving hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical power trains.
- Have the ability to work at height in an outdoor marine environment.
- Understand and be able to read and interpret hydraulic drawings for trouble shooting purposes
- Be familiar with and understand preventative maintenance processes, theory, and practice
- Be able to diagnose and solve problems and implement permanent solutions while working under their own initiative.
Why apply through FRS:
I have successfully placed with this client before and can assist you in preparation for your interviews based on experience. This will give you a competitive advantage over direct applicants.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fitter job, please apply today by sending in your cv, and I will contact you to discuss this job further.
RECRUITER: Richard O'Sullivan
You may have also searched for maintenance jobs in Ireland, Fitter jobs in Ireland, Maintenance jobs Cavan, Fitter jobs Meath, shift fitter jobs, maintenance shift fitter jobs, Mechanical maintenance jobs Ireland, mechanical maintenance jobs Cork