Firewall Engineer, Kerry
FRS are seeking an experienced Firewall Engineer for our Kerry based client.
- Responsible for project management activities for the Information Security Team including project definition, documentation, creating and execution of project plans and coordination with other teams as well as project cost management, resource management and reporting.
- The candidate in this role will work with and / or lead implementation consultants, internal implementation teams and internal business organizations to define, document, and present process standards and methodologies.
- The candidate in this role will work with other Internal IT Staff to implement/upgrade/maintain security solutions.
- Train user groups and provide support for new software implementations
- Work with various user groups to develop project presentations to be used with senior management for status reporting, negotiations, and decision making.
- Develop training materials and project presentations in support of projects and department initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination of troubleshooting activities to resolve business process issues and the successful transition of implementations from development and testing through production and post-implementation support.
- Analyze, document, and communicate requirements and work with technical leads to develop an appropriate solution. Create clear and concise functional requirements documentation
- Map complex processes including control points, key data and reporting elements, process training documentation and system interfaces
- Participate in technical reviews to ensure project goal(s) are maintained throughout the project.
- Create, maintain and execute required test case scenarios and use cases to verify requirements
Develop, maintain, and generate reports for projects, process support, application support, internal training, project expenses, and department initiatives
- Develop project presentations for status reporting, negotiations, and decision making appropriate for a range of audiences.
- Train user groups. Develop training materials, quick guides, and project presentations in support of projects and department initiatives
- Troubleshoot, support and maintain multiple Security Application Operating Systems and Application issues which affect Security Processes
- 5 years experience supporting IT Security tools and applications including Firewalls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Process documentation, flow charting and re-engineering experience.
- Some Project Management Experience a plus .
- Encryption technologies and PKI infrastructure
- Knowledge of Information Security regulatory requirements, codes and industry guidance such as such as NIST 800-53, ISO27001, CIS and Cobit.
- Ability to utilize resources to contribute valuable input to Information Security projects and Risk Assessments, e.g. ISACA, CIS, FS-ISAC.
- Networking technologies (TCP/IP/etc…) and protocols (SSL, SSH, LDAP, SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Unix, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Familiarity with security monitoring concepts.
- Administration of more than three of the following CyberArk, O365, Proofpoint, Nexpose, Qradar, Ivanti Application and Device Control, Varonis, Sharepoint, Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewalls, Imperva DAM/WAF.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels in the organization and adapt information delivery based on audience.
- Ability to communicate information security concepts across a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to raise awareness and issues to executive leadership, engage leaders and stakeholders in understanding their roles in delivering enterprise Change, Configuration and Release Management process.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Self motivated and ability to work within stringent time frames.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills.
- Strong team player.
- Experience dealing with both technical and non technical staff.
- Weekend and late night work will be required on occasion for support.
Full eligibility to work in the EU permanently is required with the ability to travel to the US is essential in addition to being based in Ireland already. Candidates without the valid eligibility to work will not be considered for this role.