Our client is currently seeking a Finishing Foreman to work on their projects based in the south Dublin area.
- Has an awareness of the sub-contractors Risk Assessments and Method Statements and monitors that the works are carried out in accordance with them
- Monitors safety and quality - stopping any dangerous operations and questions anything that does not look right with the sub-contractors site manager bringing their concerns to other members of staff
- Carry out white board meetings, weekly safety inspections and collect weekly inspection sheets from the sub-contractors
- Works closely with the Engineering Team and reviews all drawings and details on an ongoing basis
- Understanding and managing an element of the attendances/prelims
- Responsible for managing a number of Trainee Foremen / Assistant Supervisors and Operatives.
- Manage plant and material requirements in good time to suit the programme
- Responsible for carrying out spot dimensional checking of works, bringing any discrepancies to the Assistant Site Manager(s) / Senior Foremen(s) / Foremen(s) attention
- Capable of stopping works that are not being carried out safely or to the correct standard - issuing NCR's for works that we are not compliant and raises any site concerns to the Foreman / Senior Foreman / Assistant Site Manager
- Inspects sub-contractors works and signs it off when it is to an acceptable standard
- Assists with the waste removal and the policing of the waste being put into the appropriate waste skips.
- Ensures access and egress to work areas and individual houses are kept clean with particular attention paid to plant /operative segregation and walkways to prevent slips trip and falls
- Assists with the preparation of progress report
- Advises the Assistant Site Manager / Senior Foremen / Foremen Mentors junior staff through leading by example
Experience & Skills
- House Building experience of at least 1 project
- Preference for carpentry trade background
- Has experience of managing construction from a quality, programme, risk and HSE perspective
- Has a good understanding of the project logistics and programme to completion.
- Has a good working knowledge of the project specification.
- Skilled manager of site operatives
- Client facing ability
- Safe Pass Card
- Manual Handling
- Site Management Toolbox Training.
If you are interested in this role please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through the link provided.