Financial Manager - Sustainability
My client, one of the Big 4 firms, is looking to hire a Manager - Sustainability on a permanent basis, to join the Financial Service's Climate Change and Sustainability Services team based in Dublin.
You will help global organisations identify, measure, deliver and report on the climate and sustainability issues which are most relevant to create long-term value for business.
This opportunity will enable you to work with leading financial institutions to deliver better outcomes on some of the world's most pressing climate and sustainability issues. You will be managing different areas like Sustainability reporting and assurance, Sustainability Digital Strategy, Climate change risk, Carbon measurement and management, ESG advisory, Responsible investment.
In order to be successful, you will have:
- A degree in finance or economics, sustainability, environmental science, or engineering.
- A background in Data & Analytics and Regulatory experience with strong technical and quantitative skills.
- An understanding of the links between the evolving sustainable finance regulatory landscape and the impact on financial institutions.
- Ability to gather, analyse, and distribute information regarding sustainability
- Ability to perform sustainability-related audit procedures; evaluate and test processes and related controls; participate in client meetings and prepare corporate reports.
- Ability to take own initiative in business development by highlighting potential opportunities for new engagements.
- Strong client-focus across multiple client engagement teams, coaching to junior team members, developing relationships.
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients.
- Strong commercial skills and good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
- Exposure to corporate reporting and/or regulatory reporting on ESG issues.
- Experience of reviewing the disclosure of ESG performance information, and a strong understanding of how investors and analysts review and use ESG information to inform decision making.
- An understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value.
- Experience working on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy, sustainability strategy and operations.
- Exposure to finance, strategy, and communications functions at financial or corporate institutions - e.g., strategy, policy, procedures and controls, or an understanding of the policies, procedures and controls needed to support non-financial reporting.
My client offers a permanent position with a competitive remuneration package, support for flexible working, career development, very strong training, coaching, while working on a diverse and inclusive culture.
If you are interested, please apply with your updated CV to Monica Bergmann