Financial Accountant (FMCG)
Financial Accountant - Monaghan - Permanent
The role of Financial Accountant, is considered key in the improvement of processes within the business, including statutory accounts and supporting with the month end and management of accounts. The role is considered busy, partnering with various finance and non-finance stakeholders both internally and externally, acting as a key point of contact within the business to the Finance Departments objectives.
The finance administrative team report to the Financial Accountant and this team supports the Financial Controller in delivering the full remit of financial reporting.
The accountant is directly responsible for accounting, finance, forecasting and compliance. They also support the delivery of month end accounts, weekly forecasting, budget preparation, general/ad hoc financial matters and the identification and delivery of accounting and operational efficiencies. Continuous improvement activities are key to the development of the business as a whole and the finance team support these activities as required.
Core Responsibilities of role
- Management of the balance sheet reconciliations as well as intercompany accounting
- Supporting with a variety of finance projects, streamlining, and improving existing processes
- Ensure the reputation and credibility of the finance function by providing timely and accurate month end accounts, cost management delivery and monthly forecasts
- Take ownership of the allocated revenue and cost lines in the respective entities PL's and pro-actively manage the relevant balance sheet codes to produce accurate and timely results
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our outsourced financial partners, colleagues, and senior executives of the business to satisfy their financial needs
- Challenge relevant operational department heads to achieve and if possible, outperform budget
- Assist with the preparation of the yearend financial statements and liaise with the relevant members of the external audit and taxation teams.
- Manage the timely, relevant, and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting of financial information
- Ensure that financial reports and other relevant information are delivered in accordance with the relevant standards
- Monthly reconciliation of P&L and balance sheet codes to budgets and reporting on variances
- Provide variance analysis/commentary
- Actively participate in the preparation of the annual budget(s)/proposed targets for the year
- Pay roll responsibility end to end
- Covering main office functions.
- Competitive pay - negotiable depending on experience
- Hybrid working model
- Join an experienced team
- Onsite Parking
- Wellbeing focused
- Career development and training
- Qualification: (ACA/CA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent
- PQE 5+ Years
- Preferable having previous experience working in a fast-moving consumer goods style business (FMCG)
- Leading A Team - Desirable 1+ Year