Financial Accountant ( Cork City )
Job location - 10 minutes drive west of Cork City
Job type - Permanent part-time subject to a 12 month probation.
Working hours - Start time flexible. ( 4 full days to start with potentially moving to 3 )
Salary - 50k pro rata
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant on behalf of a leading Agribusiness in the Cork City area. This is a part-time permanent role & a newly created position
Over the last 50 years my client has become one of the leading retailers of farm machinery in the South of Ireland. They attribute their success to the strong franchises they have built in that time. Their ability to attract and maintain key staff over the years has been crucial to their success.
The Financial Accountant will lead the Finance / Accounts Department and report directly to the Managing Director of the business.
Duties to include
- Preparation & production of monthly accounts, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, payroll, management, cash-flow management and all other accounting related activities.
- Ensuring systems are in place to regularly review financial performance across the company.
- Liaising with the relevant manager to produce monthly management accounts, providing commentary to senior management on significant variances.
- Updating and reconciling of nominal ledger accounts Filing of ROS Reports, VAT Returns, P 60'S etc.
- Overseeing the debtor management process to ensure that debts are recovered on time, and to minimise bad debt.
- Assisting in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions at close off.
- Set up and maintain fixed-asset register and calculating depreciation.
- Overseeing inter company invoicing, expenses, reconciliations and other ad hoc duties
- Implement and oversee changes as required to streamline processes.
- Oversee the department and manage staff within the department.
- Liaise with external auditors as appropriate
- Be a Qualified or Final year ACA / ACCA/ CIMA with relevant experience.
- Possess a working knowledge of monthly reconciliations across a medium sized company whilst analysing and identifying opportunities for development within existing control procedures.
- Have good experience of analysing and understand figures and variances
Please email your CV through the attached link.
Phone calls in confidence to John on 087 9955439