Finance & Purchasing Lead
My client is a SME which has been manufacturing Custom Orthotic Devices since 1993. They are the leading supplier of foot orthoses, specialised footwear, and other biomechanical devices in Ireland, selling to Medical Practitioners in Private Clinics, Private Hospitals, HSE Hospitals and Community Care Centres.
The company is based in Cork, employing a team of more than twenty-five people.
My client is now seeking to recruit an experienced Purchasing & Finance Lead for a term contract of 12 months. Reporting to the General Manager the successful candidate will take responsibility for all day-to-day activities of the finance and purchasing function. The ideal candidate will have a number of years' experience and have an accounting and or purchasing qualification.
- Manage the procurement process, including suppler setup, new product setup, pricing, PO generation, PO administration, and follow up to ensure on time delivery of materials and products to meet factory & customer demand.
- Preparation of forecasts for optimisation of purchasing process. Reviewing product sales trends to assist the ordering process. Ensure regular meetings with sales function.
- Ensure materials and products are receipted and managed ensuring any errors in supplier deliveries are worked back with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Accounts payable ensuring all supplier accounts reconciled monthly, supplier payments are approved and done in a monthly routine.
- Ensure monthly process in place for key balance sheet account to be reconciled e.g., Banks, PAYE control, Wages control, VAT control, Creditors & Debtors Control.
- Ensure all ROS PAYE & VAT related returns are filed accurately and on time.
- Weekly review of credit control ensuring follow up on customer accounts while ensuring SEPA and credit card receipts are posted correctly.
- Input to Monthly management accounts and KPI reporting.
- Previous purchasing and accounting experience.
- Be a self-starter and work well as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills (ERP/Microsoft Office in particular excel)
- Ability to plan and organise work.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude to work.
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and impact of poor quality.