If you are a Finance Manager looking for your next move, we have been looking for you! Or if you are a Fully Qualified Accountant with minimum 5 years experience ready to take a step up - this role is for you!
We are recruiting for a Finance Manager for our growing client in Co Cavan. This is a newly created role.Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the finance function and to support our business development strategy in collaboration with the General Manager. The role offers significant scope for advancement as the company continues to grow.
Overview of your new role:
The main purpose of this role is to oversee and take responsibility for the management of the finance function, in addition to providing input into the operation of the business. You will communicate and work alongside the various departments within the business improving the control environment, developing the reporting structure and assist with forecasting. Working alongside the Managing Director on various continuous improvement projects is an integral part of the role.
What will you be doing?
Day to day operation of the finance function, including:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other operational information on a regular basis. Interpret the company's financial results to management and make appropriate recommendations
- Ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Cash management, including monthly cash flow forecasts, focusing on debtor and creditor payments. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and investment requirements.
- Preparation of rolling budget and financial forecasts for the business, including preparation of KPI's and variance analysis which should identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Responsibility for preparation of annual financial statements and compliance returns, liaising with auditor and professional advisors in respect of same.
- Maintain existing banking relationships and develop banking strategy.
- Challenge the business model. Review and improve finance policies, procedures, and controls.
- Serve as a champion of innovation and continuous improvement efforts within the business.
- Review potential acquisitions.
- Manage external relationships.
- Ad Hoc projects when assigned.
To be successful in this role you will enjoy working in a dynamic company environment and playing a key role in all aspects of a growing business.
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
* 5 years post qualification experience ideally as a Finance Manager /Management Accountant in a similar position.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with relevant accounting software (e.g. SAGE 200 MRP advantage)
* A proven track record of driving projects and new systems implementation
* A strong working knowledge of core accounting principles and functions and reporting obligations. Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
* Commercial acumen and sound judgement.
* Well organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with good presentation ability.
* Adaptability and resilience with high standards of accountability.
Excellent salary will be negotiated for the successful candidate
Send CV through attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 to discuss this opportunity confidentially