Finance Manager required for established Kildare organisation. We are seeking a person with consumer products experience, specifically with regard to new product development and costing
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial matters of the business unit and reporting on such matters in a timely and accurate manner to the Business Unit senior management team.
You will be a key partner to the management, commercial and operating teams and working closely with Group Finance, you will provide financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting, forecasting, business analysis, financing and growth strategies.
Strategically you will focus on the development and evaluation of pricing plans and tenders and review of business development cases in support of sustainability transition. Working closely with the CFO and Group/other Business Unit financial teams to ensure that all central requirements are efficiently fulfilled, and that appropriate and balanced transfer pricing and cost allocations are established.
You will have responsibility for establishing annual budgets, multi-year planning and forecasting cadence. You will also take the lead in the Business Unit for Business Processes/Systems and Risk Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the definition of business unit strategy through ownership of the 5 Year and Budget Planning processes.
- Coordinate with the Group to shape and align on strategic financial expectations.
- Assess and direct from financial performance standpoint the development, planning and execution of business initiatives required to implement the strategy.
- Proactively ensure that business processes, controls and system requirements are enabled in line with functionality and cost requirements to support the strategy.
- Direct the development and deployment of business targets, KPI reporting processes as a leader within the senior management team.
- Manage the interface between the operational functions and the finance team to enable business performance management and goal attainment.
- Ensure granular KPI/metrics from BI and internal sources are reliably available to accountable line management, are aligned with budget, forecasts and are subject to weekly, monthly and quarterly cadence review.
- Achievement of targets specifically Operating Profit, Working Capital Management, Production Facility Restoration, TGGC Operational Overlay and New Product Development Pipeline.
- Financial accounting and reporting in line with agreed processes and accountabilities.
- Define, implement, and monitor risk based Internal Control Framework ensure operational alignment and compliance with: Risk Management; reliability, accuracy and integrity of reported financial data and KPI's; and required business processes and system transactions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification is required
- 10 years' experience in Commercial/Manufacturing/Logistics/Retail industry
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Proficiency in ERP Oracle preferred