You will be an integral member of the finance team, supporting the administrative, filing and general shared duties within the Finance Department and responsible for management of the purchase day book, including invoice logging, tracking to sign-off, posting to the accounts system and preparing monthly accruals.
- Support the administrative, filing and general shared duties within the Finance department.
- Attendance at meetings and events to represent the finance department as and when required by the Finance Officer or CFO.
Purchase Day Book
- Recording and tracking of purchase invoices in the invoice log.
- Invoice coding.
- Tracking of purchase invoices through to sign-off by the relevant manager.
- Checking purchase procedures and invoice authorisations are correctly applied.
- Posting of invoices to accounts system.
- Working with managers and preparation of monthly accruals schedule.
- Assisting the Finance Officer with preparing creditor payments.
- Management of creditor accounts to ensure all invoices/credits are received and posted to the accounts in line with monthly cut off procedures.
- Maintenance of invoice filing.
- Provide support in the annual rent review process.
- Provide support as required with ad-hoc rent reviews and new tenant sign ups.
- Credit card expenditure management.
- Petty cash recording and management.
- Assist with bank reconciliations.
- Support of the Finance Officer in the preparation of the monthly accounts process.
- Maintenance of the physical and computer filing systems in line with company policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Any other duties which are consistent with the role.
Appropriate training will be provided to develop required skills and facilitate continued personal development.
- To positively promote the Association in all activities.
- Exercise discretion and duty of care in performance of your duties.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Comply with Association Health and Safety requirements and guidelines.
- Accounting technician qualification or similar.
- Minimum 5 Years' experience in in an accounting administration role is essential.
- Work prioritisation, diary management skills and ability to take ownership of duties.
- PC literate and proficient in using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Developed understanding of accounting principles, book keeping and ledgers.
- Experience in using accounting software, prior experience of Sage would be an advantage.
- Diligence, timeliness and accuracy are essential qualities to the successful performance of the role.
- Ability to follow direction in order to achieve competency in duties.
- Abilities to communicate concisely and respond promptly to correspondence.
This roe comes with an attractive benefits package which includes the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Free parking
- 24 days Annual Leave
- Company Additional Days
- Hybrid Working option - on completion of probation
- Individual Training & Development Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- PRSA Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Benefit