Farm Services Coordinator (Kerry)
FRS Recruitment are now inviting applications for the role of 'Farm Services Recruitment Coordinator' on behalf our sister organisation 'Farm Relief Services' and to be based in our Kerry branch office. Indeed, this is a full time permanent role.
We are keen to speak to candidates coming from a strong Dairy farming background with excellent office admin skills and commercial acumen. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for overseas recruitment activities, creating a 'pipeline' of potential farm services operators to work on Irish dairy farms, though they will also have some involvement in domestic recruitment activities also.
- Identifying potential sources of seasonal and full-time farm operators within the EU such as agricultural colleges and universities and overseas agencies.
- Working closely with the FRS Marketing team to advertise and promote in selected EU geographies (and further afield) and working with our in-house farm services managers and recruitment staff.
- The candidate will be the main point of contact and link person for overseas farm operator recruitment, so they will screen applications for skills, experience and references before passing them over to our local offices who will make the ultimate hiring decision.
- There will be a need from time to time to provide logistical support to local offices to co-ordinate the arrival, induction and training of operators.
- The role will involve seeking staff from outside Europe and processing work permit applications.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, with the initiative to be able to immediately begin making new contacts on appointment, the role will revolve around communication, both spoken and written.
- Candidates should have a detailed working knowledge of dairy farming in Ireland and the roles and tasks in dairy farms of various scales and with slightly different systems.
- The successful candidate should be able to use this detailed knowledge to be able to readily identify the skills, experience and competencies required in a dairy farm operator role.
- The work will involve the tracking and screening of high numbers of applicants so the ability to organise and prioritise are essential as are the IT skills necessary to manage a database of applicants, be that on Excel or a CRM system.
- Use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook are integral to the role as are communications tools such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom as well as messaging apps such as Whatsapp in order to arrange interviews and to assess the experience of the farm operator applicants.
- A full, clean driving licence with access to own transport and up to date passport are also essential requirements.
- QQI/FETAC Level 6 qualification or above in agriculture, farm management, or equivalent.
Please email your cv through the attached link
FRS Recruitment guarantee 100 % confidentiality at all times.
All applications must be made through FRS Recruitment.