Executive Officer - Compliance
Executive Officer - Compliance
What is the role?
To Join a well-established Housing Body in Ireland who has seen sustained growth over the past few years. Since its establishment in 1993 it has grown from a small voluntary organization into an established housing body. It provides housing management and tenant support systems to projects in twenty-six locations across eleven local authority jurisdictions. Despite the Pandemic this association is flourishing and onboarded several staff during the last year. So, the future is bright for this association and the organization is busier than ever.
For context- this is a new role where there will be tremendous opportunity for growth as in years to come the corporate services within this organization will grow. You will be part of a small team reporting into the CEO and working closely with the senior management team on the development of a compliance monitoring plan for the Association. Reporting directly to the CEO will enable you to quickly learn the business and operate more at a senior level than you normally could within a larger team.
Sounds interesting? What else can you tell me about the role?
Overall co-ordination of the Compliance function
- Lead on the development, implementation and reporting of regulatory policies and procedures and ensure compliance with regulations and legal requirements for the Housing Association across a range of metrics and regulatory standards
- Act as a point of communication between the association and regulatory bodies (including the AHB Regulator, Charities Regulator), including responsibility for reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend Management and Board meetings if required
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Deliver training in compliance procedures and new standards to staff as required.
- Take on additional compliance responsibilities in line with the changing regulatory environment.
- Maintain and audit compliance with Approved Housing Body, Local Authority and Department of Housing Regulatory Standards.
- Identify gaps and update compliance practice as required, ensuring executive team is aware of same.
- Lead on Annual Regulatory Returns to various agencies.
- Lead on Quarterly HAPM returns.
- Work with Chief Executive and Executive Officer (Board) to ensure the Association is in full compliance with requirements of Charities Regulator.
- Lead on annual return to Charities Regulator.
- Act as a point of contact for the organisation with the externally appointed Data Protection Officer.
- Work with the CEO and Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with the General Data
- Assist the HR Consultant to ensure compliance with relevant employment law
- Assist the CEO in developing and implementing a HR Strategy for the Association
Sounds interesting what do you need from me?
- Five year's relevant experience preferably in Social Housing, or voluntary sector
- In depth knowledge of at least one of the following; Approved Housing Body Regulation, Charities Regulation, Residential Tenancies Acts Compliance, GDPR, Human Resources,
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Excellent record-keeping and reporting skills.
- Strong communications skills - role will involve engaging with people at all levels.
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player
The Salary range of €46,445 to €50,00 plus benefits which can be discussed on application.
If this all sounds like you then please send your application by 5th of March 2021 Upon receipt of this, Laura will arrange a detailed follow up conversation.