Executive Assistant - Dublin 10
Purpose of Statement:
To provide effective and efficient high-level executive support to nominated Executive Directors including the prioritisation of work, diary management, meetings management and communication, document production and travel arrangements. Ensuring all aspects of the administration, planning and coordination of work is managed effectively and efficiently.
- Act as the first point of contact for Executive Directors and maintain the effective working of their office in their absence.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manage diaries, scheduling, prioritising and management appointments, managing all international travel arrangements and ensure any correspondence is fully prepared in a timely manner.
- Manage correspondence, track incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure replies are produced within the required timeframe.
- Read and prioritise incoming correspondence and prepare draft responses as appropriate.
- Ensure that cyclical and management deadlines for reports, reviews, budgets are met.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with key stakeholders at an operational level, the organisation's senior management team and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend specific meetings and take notes, draft minutes and action recommendations as required.
- Manage and organise external/internal events as required.
- Experience of providing PA service at Executive Director level.
- Ability to manage complex diary and correspondence at Director level.
- Has the ability to quickly develop and maintain good working relationships and manage relationships at Director level.
- Previous experience of dealing directly with external customers.
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of operating confidently at a senior level, within a confidential environment, exercising tact, diplomacy and complete discretion.
Candidate Skills & Abilities:
- Accurate time management and prioritisation.
- Analytical and practical.
- Able to work autonomously and an excellent team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic with strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Able to solve or pre-empt problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to provide an excellent level of service.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including the ability to make judgements about competing priorities and identify resources accordingly.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to use appropriate IT applications effectively (including Outlook, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).