Salary: Depending on experience
Critical Candidate requirements:
Business / Event Management / Sports Studies / Tourism graduate with a minimum 3+ years' relevant work experience.
A genuine passion and knowledge of both sport and travel is required for this role
Previous experience in a similar position is also required
Responsibility and Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Ensure that all day-to-day operational requirements for team tours and supporter's tours are highly organised.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in your work, have a commercial focus, and possess good creative skills in terms of building itineraries and making amendments once a tour is in place to keep it within budget and to maintain the flow of the tour itinerary.
- Liaise with teams from pre-tour right through to post-tour.
- Develop strong working relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Maintain and increase tour portfolio across both supporter's tours and team tours.
- Maintain and increase match day events centred around international matches.
- General day to day office administration and logistics duties.
- A very high degree of organisational abilities.
- Superb customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Be able to manage your workload effectively, be well organised, flexible, determine priorities, act on your own initiative as well as being a strong team player and able to work longer hours if necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Experience in a tour operator, travel agency, groups, events or a sports related environment would be an advantage.
- A genuine passion and knowledge of both sport and travel.
- Be prepared to travel on various tours and trips.
The position would suit a Business / Event Management / Sports Studies / Tourism graduate with a minimum 3+ years' relevant work experience.