- Work with management, research, marketing and operational colleagues to plan and manage preparations for a major off-site technical Conference in October 2018
- Manage the performance of external agencies and suppliers in order to deliver outstanding results to time, scope and budget
- Seek out speakers, influencers and other key people that will be key to Conference success.
- Provide support to all Tyndall units in the development and execution of Conference related preparations.
- Project manage key events and manage and report on budgets and timelines on a regular basis.
- Actively contribute as a member of the Commercial Centre with cross-functional responsibility as required.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in a Business related discipline
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a senior marketing/event management role
- Minimum 3 years' experience in event planning and management in a large corporate/academic environment
- Must be available to work through the summer