ETL Data Engineer
ETL Data Engineer / Mullingar
We are delighted to be aiding our client, a leading global insurance broker and innovative solutions brand, in the recruitment of entrepreneurial, diligent and proactive ETL Database Engineers, to assist in the deployment and growth of a unique data centre in Mullingar that will amalgamate the efforts of multiple company assets into one solutions hub. This is a project with major industry and company visibility and is perfect for the experienced Data Engineer looking for that next challenge. The project will be a start-up styled initiative with that big company support and backing. Perfect to develop your skills and responsibilities further by leading project items and assisting in the set up of a data centre of excellence and collaboration.
What will you be doing?
- Design and integration of new data feeds and migration of new data sets as they are identified or are acquired as The Group grows.
- Determine optimal solutions for integrating data from a variety of sources into a common data warehouse normalised structure, within an ETL Framework.
- Ongoing DWH modelling in a normalised star schema structure, along with building and maintaining de-normalised reporting data marts.
- Implement, maintain and monitor batch & stream data pipelines with best practice quality controls.
- Performance optimisation of data processing e.g. parallel processing, RAM and CPU usage as well as storage and growth monitoring and ongoing engagement with DBA's.
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with the broader Data Team to analyse issues and find new insights that help drive business performance.
- Delivery of "ETL activities as a service" to colleagues and customers across The Group, on both a project and / or managed service basis.
- Ongoing unit testing, system integration testing and data reconciliations. Coordination & support for UAT.
- Automate the application of master data management transformations.
- Day to day operational support of data infrastructure, and services.
- Definition & Implementation of data security and compliance policies and regulations e.g. GDPR.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/information systems.
- Min 5 years Development experience in ETL, SQL Programming, systems integration and Data Warehousing environments.
- Deep knowledge of SQL, data modelling and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in data management frameworks; Data Quality Profiling, Metadata Management, Master Data Management, cleansing/standardising, analysing.
- Expert familiarity with market leading data integration technologies.
- Strong command of relevant programming/scripting languages: e.g. Java, Scala, Python, R.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence strategies/design as it relates to Data Analysis.
- Financial services and ideally General Insurance experience strongly desired.
- Good project management skills; experience managing projects / requests with multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to understand and interpret business needs and how they translate to technical and functional requirements
- Experienced and independent subject matter expert, capable of working on own initiative whilst delivering best practice solutions that deliver the strategic objectives of The Centre.
- Possesses a can-do attitude and can get things done, rapidly building an understanding ofthe company's business segments and technical environments.
- Strong relationship builder and capable of credibly managing internal and external executive stakeholders.
This position is a full-time, on-site position.
Please apply directly or call Chris Wynne - +353 86 103 8536 - for a confidential and open discussion.