We are recruiting an Environmental Scientist to cover maternity leave, based in North Kerry. The role will predominantly be office based, co-ordinating with the on-site project teams, contractors and authorities. This is a challenging and broad role involving team work, technical writing, meeting deadlines and targets as well as interpreting data.
- Technical report writing to be delivered to management within tight deadlines
- Prepare Health and Safety documentation
- Prepare and send samples to accredited laboratories
- Liaise with contractors on project specifications
- Interpret scientific data
- Daily administrative tasks including filing, ordering / liaising with vendors & email communication
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified, minimum level 8 or equivalent professional qualification in environmental science or other science discipline.
- Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable national and international Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and implementation.
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholder, clients, sub-contractors and authorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office/Excel and Autosketch
- Full driving license and ability to travel as required.
- Experience of contaminated land investigation, preliminary risk assessment and remediation would be advantageous.
- Effective time management, strong attention to detail, ability to multi task.
Please apply through the link provided or contact 066-7143995