We are seeking an Environmental Officer for our Cork city based client.
The aim of the Environmental Officer role is to provide advice on all aspects of environmental safety on site with allied responsibility for health and safety. There are approximately 60 employees on site.
Responsibilities will include :
- Management of the company's ISO14001 Environmental Management system and ISO9001 Quality Management System
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure site compliance with EPA licence
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities and public bodies such as Cork City Council and EPA
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organisation's environmental risks and financial costs
- Update and maintain the sites EHS procedures
- Promote safe operating practices and procedures at the facilities
- Monitors and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
- Preparation of Annual Environmental Report.
- Assisting in the preparation for and participation in external & internal audits.
- Investigate accidents and incidents; develop corrective actions and track progress.
- Maintain awareness of current and future EHS developments, legal requirements and to advise accordingly.
- Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental Science
- Ideally 2 years' experience in environment and /or health and safety.
- Knowledge and understanding of EHS compliance reporting.
- ISO14001 and ISO9001 experience/knowledge
- Strong communication and IT skills
The successful Environmental Officer will need to be highly motivated, able to work on their own initiative and deliver solutions. Please contact Donal on 066-7143995 or send CV through the Link provided