Entry Level & Senior Dietitian Required
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Dietitians. We require a candidate who takes pride in providing an efficient and effective dietetic service.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- A recognised qualification in Dietetics
- CORU registration
- Min 1 year experience working in an acute environment
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Member of Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute (INDI)
- Available to start work as soon as possible
- Be responsible for the organisation, provision and evaluation of the Nutrition & Dietetic Services to patients in the acute setting, as required.
- Develop, implement and monitor a plan of care, based on assessment of the patients' nutritional needs.
- Advise and liaise closely with the family/carers in the practical aspects of the agreed plan.
- Liaise with the medical / nursing teams, allied health professionals and other members of hospital staff in planning the nutritional care of patients.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary team, staff colleagues and dieticians in other acute settings and in Primary Care, as appropriate.
- Participate in the medical team rounds, multidisciplinary meetings, case conferences, clinical meetings, as required.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific research findings and current practices and identify and update relevant measures in response to these findings.
- Contribute to development, implementation and evaluation of standards and policies within the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Assist in the development of diet sheets and nutrition education material in collaboration with colleagues.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of nutritional resource materials.
- Liaise with catering staff regarding the provision of therapeutic diets.
- Maintain appropriate patient records and statistics in line with the department policy.
- Be actively involved in continuously improving the quality of the service, use audit and quality improvement methods to facilitate integrated care.
- Plan and implement dietetic clinics where required.
- Ensure the ongoing review of existing resources and comply, develop and evaluate new resources to support and meet the needs of the target audience.
- Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Promote a culture that values equality, diversity and respect in the work place.
- Maintain professional standards with regard to patent and data confidentiality.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post that may be assigned to him/her.
FRS recruitment are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.