I am currently looking for a number of for experienced Engineering Technician for my client their facility in South Dublin.
As Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, overhaul, adjustment and modification of all plant and production equipment, as well as the fabrication of new and replacement equipment.
The Technician will also be involved in trouble shooting and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Install, modify, and maintain the full range of production equipment.
- Continuously improve the production operations. This includes reducing downtime, reducing waste, and maintaining production lines at optimal performance.
- Assist in the complete validation of new and existing equipment including acceptance trials, debugging etc.
- Deal/liaise with vendors, suppliers, and local engineering shops.
- Involved in analysing customer complaints and internal quality issues and assist in drawing up improvement programmes for equipment to eliminate these defects being produced.
- Assist with the training of other Engineering Technicians, new recruits and apprentices as required.
- Participate in companywide continuous improvement initiatives, working in teams as required and utilising appropriate quality tools as applicable.
- Maintain appropriate recording and reporting systems on all engineering related matters (e.g., breakdowns, maintenance etc.)
- Full utilisation of all current and new IT/processing systems e.g., SAP.
The ideal candidate would have a good knowledge of the Mechanical and Electronic Systems associated with high volume manufacturing equipment and hold a Third Level Qualification in one of those disciplines or the National Craft Certificate together with additional specialised training and experience.
The successful candidate will have relevant industrial experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment. The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields.