Currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager for my client who are based in Co: Meath
The candidate should possess excellent customer facing skills, and work well under pressure, demonstrating a professional manner, with an ability to identify and focus on customer needs, during the design, deployment and ongoing support of company solutions.
The candidate must have demonstrable people management skills across multiple nationalities.
Overview of Role:
- The Engineering Manager will be part of the Management Team reporting to the COO
- The Engineering Manager will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of highly skilled engineering staff across all of the company SCADA and Telecommunications Engineering Teams while ensuring that company objectives and goals are met.
- The Engineering Manager is to develop and instil standards within to organisation for design, development across multiple solutions and sectors.
- Primary responsibility is helping and managing the Engineering Team succeed at their tasks.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Recruit, interview and hire new engineering staff.
- Set departmental and individual goals and KPIs that cascade down from the senior management strategy plan.
- Carry out annual staff reviews and implement personal development plans.
- Sets training requirements for staff and maintains skills and capability matrices.
- Work with the UK & ROI Ops Managers to deliver solutions and services on time, to budget and to a high quality by assigning the most appropriate Engineer to the task.
- Oversee Pre-Sales activities and technical signoff of tenders and designs.
- Work with the Sales Team to develop, implements and realise company solution roadmaps.
- Hold the engineering team accountable to KPIs, budgets, deadlines and to the highest engineering standards.
- Prioritise, delegate, and supervise all engineers' activities and deliverables.
- Build an entire technical documentation set.
- Adhere to company ISO policies.
- Design solutions in line with best security practices such as ISO27001, NIS & IEC62483.
- Keep abreast of pertinent modern technologies, and make sure engineers keep up with these new advancements in terms of knowledge and expertise.
- Thorough understanding of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in SCADA/ PLC & Communication solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required; Master's degree preferred.
- Good grasp of Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Demonstrate knowledge of some of the following technologies i.e. SCADA, HMI, PLC, Microwave, DMR, WIFI, MPLS, GSM, DWDM and IP Networking.
- Experience in SIX Sigma, Agile or LEAN methods desirable.
- Strong database skills.
- Well-developed formal and oral communication and reporting skills to all levels in a organisation.
- Experience managing diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Good "relationship" and people-management skills
- Highly organised work approach within a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to find inventive solutions, and to lead/steer discussions to deliver win-win scenarios.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Ability to drive a team.
- Commercially aware.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.