Our client is looking for a new Engineering Manager due to increased growth in their industry. They have a history of continuous improvement and innovation and are now considered to be a world leader in the industry.
They are a flat team-based organisation which affords the opportunity to interface directly with all functions in the company. They will facilitate and support you in utilising and developing your skills, knowledge and experience.
If you're a high calibre engineering professional who enjoys working with people, processes and equipment, and have a manufacturing background, this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role within a leading-edge company.
This role provides a competitive package in a friendly and fast paced environment.
- Identify cost reduction and yield/efficiency improvement opportunities and guide team in the successful implementation of same on existing devices.
- Provide engineering input and support for the investigation and resolution of non-conformances associated with devices post release to market.
- Provide engineering input and support to those responsible for vendor instigated changes.
- Responsible for process engineering layout plans and implementation in relation to line extensions or redesign.
- Liaise with R&D and Process Development teams to ensure the effective transfer of new devices from Development to Sustaining cycles.
- Provide guidance on designing and developing Jigs and Fixtures for Manufacturing and Product Development.
- Oversee equipment design and the application of machine controls to production equipment.
- Manage all occurrence of out of Calibration equipment.
- Maintenance of those elements of the Risk management file for existing devices, for which engineering is responsible, including for example dFMEA, pFMEA, Risk Benefit Analysis.
- Support the post market surveillance of devices in terms of complaint investigation and risk analysis.
- Work closely to build effective relationships with Production, Quality and Regulatory teams.
- Benchmark systems and processes against best industry practice and modify and develop accordingly to further improve operations efficiencies.
- Responsible for operating general internal quality systems and documentation.
- Act as a Designee for the Senior Engineering Manager or Team Lead Engineer for change control review as per Quality System Procedures.
- Team Management
- Mentoring, coaching and development of direct reports to attain best performance.
- Perform routine appraisals to deliver best results and to obtain the maximum team performance.
- Manage the activities of the Sustaining Engineering team and hold regular team meetings.
- Ensure KPI's and business metrics are achieved.
- BEng in a relevant discipline and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong proven people management skills - a minimum of 5 years previous experience in a supervisory position.
- Strong knowledge of quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889