Job title: Engineering Director
Location: Co. Clare
Type: full time, permanent
Reporting to: CEO
Closing Date: 09/03/2018
I am delighted to be assisting this well-known and highly respected Automation Solutions provider in Shannon to find an Engineering Director to join their successful Team.
This is an opportunity to join a company that really knows how to look after their staff! In the role you will be utilizing state of the art equipment and work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland.
They have over 130 staff with very low turnover and when you meet have met them you can I can see why! Every Engineer I have had interview with this client has wanted the job and those who have been made offers never turn it down!
This is a new role within the senior leadership group reporting to the CEO. The role has responsibility for leading the engineering capability of the business. This is a strategic role which requires proven general management and people management skills along with a strong technical background and know-how.
You will be responsible for the delivery of excellence in engineering for our growing customer base in the Medical Device manufacturing sector both in Ireland and the US, on time delivery of best in class concept design is a critical success factor.
This role has responsibility for leading and managing a large and diverse engineering team of approx. 60 and for overseeing the technical direction of key projects to ensure delivery of technically innovative and robust solutions.
The primary responsibility is to build and sustain a high performing engineering capability that is second to none.
The core responsibilities of the role are: (list of full responsibilities available on request)
Engineering Function Management - create a high performing team
* Overall responsibility for leading, growing and developing the Engineering functions of the business.
* Provide leadership to the engineering departments, mentor, develop and build a high performing team that delivers innovative thinking and drives continuous improvements.
Deliver technical excellence and innovative solutions
* Keep ahead of automation technology advancements to ensure The Company deliver engineering solutions of the future.
* Ensure delivery of innovative, robust and best in class concept design for customers by encouraging the team to think creatively and generate new ideas.
Engineering Operation management
* Ensure engineering resources and capability are in place to deliver on project schedules.
* Responsible for monitoring progress on project milestones and highlight risks.
Strategy and Planning
* Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve department and business performance.
* Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets.
Collaboration and stakeholder management
* Support the Business Development team in design of best in class concepts and input into costings.
* Coordinate with the business development team good handovers of new business into engineering.
Key Skills / Attributes
* Excellent people management skills, ability to inspire and motivate
* Strong technical capability and know-how and demonstrate a curiosity of new technologies
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills
* Excellent problem solving, trouble shooting and project management skills in an engineering/ manufacturing environment
* High motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on own initiative
* A relevant 3rd level engineering qualification in either Mechanical Design or Software or similar.
* A minimum of 10 years' experience at Management level with a proven track record in an engineering related environment.
* Proven track record in project delivery.
* Experience in automation.
* Experience in machine design and or automation control systems..
* Experience of Medical Device sector and or Medical Device Manufacturing.
* Business management qualification.
* Project management qualification.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (as a Word doc) through this website in the strictest of confidence, or to discuss further, please call Renata Ryan on 0860239020.