Energy Officer required - Mayo
requires an Energy Officer to join their team in Mayo. This is a permanent role, offering amazing career opportunities.
You will help identify and progress targeted actions and appropriate supports that will deliver measurable progress towards local authority energy and emission targets. Together with the 5 local authorities, lead the development and implementation of Energy & Emission Investment Strategies to 2030 ensuring a co-ordinated, cross-organisation approach that supports delivery of local authority targets.
What is my client offering you?
- You will have an amazing opportunity to join a successful and expanding team.
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and advancement.
Key Responsibilities include:
Supporting local authority energy teams to deliver on energy/emission objectives.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
- Assisting with energy/emission monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Supporting the local authority energy teams in ensuring energy/emission statutory obligations are met.
- Assisting in the implementation of energy efficiency and emission reduction measures.
- Working with the local authority Climate Action Teams and the CARO to support the development and implementation of the Local Authority Climate Action Plans required
Experience & Qualifications
- NFQ Level 8 Degree in Energy, Engineering, Building Services or equivalent
- 2 years' experience in an energy or related role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to accurately identify and quantify energy saving and emission reduction opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to guide, actively listen and influence others
- Report writing skills and ability to communicate findings to a non-technical audience
- Strong proficiency of MS Office programmes including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Full clean driving licence and car
- Understanding of ISO 50001 and how to implement and maintain the system
Apply today for this amazing opportunity
Click Apply now to review the full details and job spec for this fantastic opportunity.