North East - commutable from Louth, Cavan and Monaghan and parts of Meath.
Become part of the solution for this local manufacturing site as part of the global team's plan to reach carbon neutrality by 2050.
Are you currently working within the sector or within consultancy and would like work with one company to lead and take them through multiple energy projects.
This is a newly created role but the commitment is there to drive the change coming from the group director level.
Reporting to the project manager and working closely with the mechanical engineer team, you will have responsibilities for the full execution of projects to improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions on site. It is a very exciting opportunity to work with one of the well known employers in the north east. I have assisted this company with their recruitment needs since 2014 and every person I have placed there has been incredibly happy. It is such a great place to work, they have a wonderful reputation in the local area.
The successful Energy Engineer will support ongoing improvements in energy efficiency and energy management. You will have demonstrated project management skills as well as a mindset of utilising date to make and influence decisions.
- Ensure that energy management is in line with best international practise.
- Initiate and execute studies and projects leading to improved energy efficiency.
- Develop and Maintain on an ongoing basis a live Map of all direct and indirect Energy consumption and CO2 generation activities at the Site.
- Develop, Maintain and Progress the Roadmap to Carbon Neutral for the site showing milestones and metrics on Energy, CO2 and Investment Cost.
- Design and implement ongoing improvements in metering, monitoring and reporting to improve the understanding and control of energy and CO2 impact.
- Design and Execute Energy and CO2 forecasting models to assist budgeting and planning.
- Lead ISO50001 Activities and system development.
- Lead Site Industrial Efficiency pillar
- Develop and be a key deliverer of site wide CO2 Awareness and Culture Program
- Identify and Intervene where necessary in Energy and Carbon impacting activities and change-management to ensure continuous progress towards the site Carbon Neutral Ambition.
- Lead diverse and cross functional teams in selected delivering critical Carbon neutral projects.
- Provide Verified and Valid Energy and CO2 Data in the format required to all Internal and External Stakeholders.
- WCM Continuous Improvement Methodology, ISO50001 Methodology, RS Matrix monitoring Scada Network.
- Auditing and combustion analysis of Gas Systems to ensure safety of equipment in maintenance and operation.
- Definition of short term operational targets to colleagues and peers to deliver the overarching roadmap.
- Routine (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, annually) automated and manual reporting of correct Energy and CO2 data to all internal and external stakeholders against target.
- Reporting on progress of all energy improvement activities
Relevant degree in engineering discipline plus 5 years experience in delivering energy reduction plans and programs.