Employment Adviser Athy
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB
Provide appropriate support, challenge and guidance to a caseload of customers to enable them to return back to work.
You will be a people person who genuinely cares about the customer needs and any barriers that may prevent them from moving back into employment. In particular you will be able to build up a rapport, engage and motivate customers understanding their multiple needs and focus their attention to the world of work. A willingness to tackle and resolve problems is key to the role, as is the ability to work effectively as part of the adviser and wider business team. You will be a dynamic and flexible person who can work in a fast paced, customer focused and target driven environment. You will ensure that we deliver a high-quality service which benefits the futures of the individuals and the communities we work with.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Manage a caseload of customers to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all customers according to their level of job readiness.
- Address customers personal barriers to employment, providing challenge, advice and guidance where appropriate to develop customers ensuring they have the necessary skills and confidence to secure long term employment.
- Identify, structure and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working in close consultation with Employer Services Consultants and Tutors, to meet the specific needs of customers and employers.
- Deliver Joint Information Session presentations and present and facilitate workshops to groups of customers on a weekly basis as required.
- Manage the CRM system to ensure accurate customer information is held at all times.
- Ensure all administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide advice, guidance and support for customers during their initial weeks of employment, supporting their transition from welfare to employment to maximise the potential for customers to sustain employment in the long term.
- Develop relationships and networks with key stakeholders including employers, DEASP offices and training and funding providers.
- Support and aid in delivering the annual compliance plan for Turas Nua.
- Ensure all Data Protection regulations are fully adhered to at all times.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Third level qualification in a related field is desirable.
- Strong IT skills/Experience in the use of Microsoft office and CRM systems.
- Minimum of three years' experience of working in a customer focused, results driven environment.
- The ability to build rapport and work effectively with a diverse range of individuals.
- Good knowledge of the local labour market.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Experience in delivering presentations in a group setting or public speaking.
- Excellent administrative skills - fast & accurate data entry skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- This is a 12month Fixed Term Contract
- The role is based in Athy