Embedded Software Engineer
FRS Recruitment are delighted to announce a number of new Embedded Software Engineer roles with our client a leading company in Limerick.
As a Embedded Software Engineer you are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions.
- Minimum 5 years' (preferably 10 years) relevant experience in software or firmware development, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated success in developing products or applications. Experienced in developing software or firmware for optoelectronic and electromechanical devices for consumer, industrial, or medical applications.
- Solid C/C++ skills and software design, preferably for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
- Solid Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine.
- Development experience with Embedded Linux for SoC is required.
- Familiar with the microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
- Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as SPI, I2C and UART.
- Experience programming Xilinx FPGA/SoC (Zynq-7000) and experience with Xilinx Vivado is strongly desired.
- Experience developing in Linux environment.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers is required.
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft) is a plus.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work with little supervision while handling multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
To apply for this exciting Embedded Software Engineer role, please click on the apply link to learn more information. Please also refer to friends! Our client will sponsor permits.