Embedded Firmware Engineer
Our client, based in Cork/Killarney area, requires an Embedded Firmware Engineer.
You will have previous experience gained in the automotive electronics industry.
You will be joining an established Multinational company which is always at the forefront of innovation, paving the way to the future with technology, giving life to all manner of creations.
Do you have experience in low level, bare-metal coding on low power Arm-Cortex devices; development of components such as peripheral device drivers, bootloader development and communication stack integration.
Are you familiar with standard embedded debugging techniques, hands on board bring up, electrical and air sniffing tools and for low level verification of developed code.
Do you have experience in formal development processes and an understanding of professional industrial product requirements and solutions, and excellent conceptual, coding and planning skills with joy to work with other professionals within and outside the engineering sector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the development and implementation of software for professional industrial IoT devices in the asset tracking and condition monitoring area bottom up from HW drivers to application-specific middleware and communication stacks
* Planning, improving and managing software applications from inception use - from allocating resources to complete programming projects, and designing detailed plans to ensure and test the firmware functionality
* Preparing and creating instructional technical documentation for firmware code and operation Interacting with customers and team members to support the applications and prototype installations
* From hands on design of mock-up and early PoC samples across Field Testing and mass production design and validation
* Passion for bare-metal coding, consumer devices and IoT
* Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
* Experience in embedded system design, implementation, integration, review and testing
* Hands-on experience with hardware board bring up and low-level driver development
* In-Depth knowledge of ARM Cortex-M0+ microcontroller and higher including its (ultra) low power operation modes, especially STM32 series microcontrollers
* Experience in developing firmware for peripheral I2C/SPI, UART etc.,
* Proven experience and knowledge in working principles of Wi-Fi Modules (ESP8266), BLE (4.2/5.0) (BlueNRG, nRF52) Modules and associated firmware and communication protocol
* Experience in developing firmware & bootloader using Embedded C and development of unit/integration/system test code for firmware validation
* Experience in debugging firmware using JTAG/SWD Debuggers and GDB
* Familiarity with IAR IDE will be helpful
* Familiarity Firmware-Over-The-Air Update (FOTA) procedure and its associated challenges
* Experience in and good understanding of working principles of orientation and location sensors such as Accelerometer, Pressure Sensor, Gyroscope, Magnetometer and GPS
* Working knowledge of Sub-GHz communication and any one the related protocol is a big advantage
* Hands on experience in developing automation scripts and support tools using Python 3 is preferred
* Utilize electrical test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Digital Meters and power supplies
* Working knowledge and good understanding of Git (GitLab) source control system including setting up and maintaining continuous integration pipeline jobs
* Experience working with Agile/scrum process and methodologies
* Experience in using tools such as Jira for issue tracking and Confluence for collaboration and documentation
* Working knowledge of automated testing is preferred
* Familiarity with embedded operating systems, SDKs and Maker Platform (e.g. Zephyr, FreeRTOS, nRF SDK, ESP-IDF, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
If you are eligible to work in Ireland without a visa, and would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, please apply by submitting your cv and I will contact you to discuss this further.
CONSULTANT: MANDY DEVLIN 086 410 6852
You may have searched for Embedded Firmware jobs Ireland, Embedded Firmware jobs Cork, Embedded Firmware jobs Killarney, Embedded Firmware jobs Kerry