Embedded Engineering Manager
Embedded Engineering Manager - Limerick
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a new senior appointment with our client a leading multinational in Limerick. This Embedded Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and developing a team of Embedded Software Engineering resources. In addition it is expected that the manager will initially also have a direct hands-on development role on products as the team grows to its full staffing requirement.
Essential qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years' previous team management/leadership experience
- A minimum of 8 years previous product development experience, with direct experience of embedded development preferably with microcontrollers (such as, ARM Application and Cortex architecture) and software-hardware interfaces.
- Software design experience for multi-threaded and multi-processor applications.
- Knowledge in C/C++ and Assembly and in addition exposure to .NET C#, Compact Framework, ASP.NET.
- Good knowledge in electromechanical controls, sensors and actuators.
- Strong knowledge in Hard Real Time Control and inter-processor communication.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the Operating Systems and concepts,
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft)
- Ability to plan and organise for a team
- Familiar with Configuration Management and Issue Tracking systems
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge would be highly advantageous
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices / risk management including ISO 60601-1, ISO 14971.
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum methodologies is desired.
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes including IEC 62304
- Experience with data acquisition, analysis, and statistical methods.
- Experience in design verification of Medical Device in a FDA-regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience over the full product life cycle is desired.
Keywords: Embedded Engineering Manager, Degree, product development, C/C++, medical device, IEC 62304, FDA, Hard Real Time control
Please send your updated cv via the apply button for this exciting new Embedded Engineering Manager opportunity. This is a rare and exciting career opportunity at this level to come up in the mid-west. Please ensure to put lots of examples of your key achievements and key projects on your updated cv.
We will look at international relocation for this role. If not of interest for yourself please feel free to share with any of your network that might be interested.