Electronic Design Engineer
Electronic Design Engineer
Our client is looking for an Electronic Design Engineer (Specified Purpose Contract) to join their team in Galway.
You will be at the forefront of developing new products. As part of their team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and, above all, have fun doing it. They recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance and know that it's the little things that count, so in addition to a competitive benefits package, they offer healthy snacks to help you get your 5-a-day, yoga at lunch time and early finishing times on a Friday, so you can start enjoying some important down-time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the proper conduct of electronics design projects, liaising with other departments, component suppliers, application support, test houses and others as required.
- Design new circuits or modify existing circuits/components to efficiently meet product specifications and customer needs.
- Generating requirement specifications and verification protocols during the design and development process.
- Acting as a key technical driver/contributor to help design new products by applying your innovation skills and working cross-functionally. Elements associated with success will be:
- Creation and development of innovative circuits
- Technical presentations and discussions
- Feasibility studies
- Innovative component selection to optimise cost and performance benefits
- Ensuring designed products have a competitive advantage
- Lead technical root cause analyses in resolution of production or field quality issues, supporting Sustaining, Supply Chain, Quality or Commercial functions as appropriate.
- Instructing, guiding and coordinating PCB designers as required.
- Act as R&D representative on selected project teams, providing inputs to cross functional teams, generating project timelines and budgets and ensuring delivery of requirements.
- Hands-on experience in analog and digital circuit design
- Excellent schematic design experience and Strong in documentation skills
- Strong analog design experience with low frequency circuits
- Digital circuit experience with embedded processors
- Awareness of C/C++ and Assembler programming and techniques
- Awareness of regulations that apply in consumer and medical electronic products
- Have demonstrable experience in concept generation and systems design
- Self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others in pursuit of solutions
- Have an awareness of manufacturing/assembly process and techniques
- An excellent team player
- Quality focused and attentive to detail
- Have a track record of on time, on budget project delivery
If you are interested in the position of Electronic Design Engineer please apply through the link or contact Caroline on 086 7808835.